Home Page News Briefs People Media Telecom Archives About Us
Advertising Subscribe Reuse & Permissions
The Hill Times Parliament Now The Lobby Monitor HTCareers

Bell Broadcast and New Media fund gets expected CRTC decision on funding

News | 07/12/2000 4:00 am EDT

The CRTC has put its formal, public stamp of approval on the Bell Broadcast and New Media Fund’s application to be eligible to receive contributions from broadcast distribution undertakings (BDUs) (CNM, May 5/99). On June 29, the commission certified the fund officially as one of several independently-administered production funds eligible to receive 20 per cent of a BDU’s contribution toward the production of Canadian programming. The remaining 80 per cent continues to pour into the Canadian Television Fund.

This content is available to wirereport.ca subscribers

Already a subscriber? Sign in here

Unlock all the Canadian telecom, broadcasting and digital media news you need.

Take a free trial or subscribe to The Wire Report now.


Two weeks free access to thewirereport.ca and our exlusive newsletters.

Register for free

* Required


Unlimited access to thewirereport.ca and our exlusive newsletters.


* Required

Reuse & Permissions

Unauthorized distribution, transmission, reuse or republication of any and all content is strictly prohibited. To discuss re-use of this material, please contact:

Customer Care, 613-688-8821 | subscriptions@hilltimes.com