Home Page News Briefs People Media Telecom Archives About Us
Advertising Subscribe Reuse & Permissions
The Hill Times Parliament Now The Lobby Monitor HTCareers Classifieds

CRTC renews TFO licence

Briefs | 07/17/2008 2:49 pm EDT

In a decision released this week, the CRTC has renewed TFO’s broadcast licence with some conditions attached. During peak hours, the non-profit French language cultural television is required to broadcast nine hours of priority programming as well as commit 39 hours a week of Canadian content programs for children and teenagers aged between two and 17. In addition TFO will caption no less than 75% of its programs each day for the year 2007-2008. In 2008-2009, 95% of programs will be captioned while the remaining 5% will be captioned depending on the availability of the technology to do so. TFO also commits to adhering to CRTC’s transition-to-digital policy.

To keep reading, get a free trial.

Already a Subscriber?

Reuse & Permissions

Unauthorized distribution, transmission, reuse or republication of any and all content is strictly prohibited. To discuss re-use of this material, please contact:

Customer Care, 613-688-8821 | subscriptions@hilltimes.com