GlassBox Television Inc. has submitted four applications for new specialty channel broadcasting licences, the CRTC announced Monday. The commission opened a consultation Monday that includes 16 applications scheduled for review on Nov. 21. GlassBox has applied to expand its specialty channel offerings to include three new Category B stations featuring horror movies, entertainment news and new music, and a new Category C news channel called GlassBox News. The entertainment news and emerging music channels would be in the French language. The channels are likely to fall under the control of the Michael MacMillan-run startup Blue Ant Media Inc., which received CRTC approval last week to acquire GlassBox and a related subsidiary 7506465 Canada Inc. Another application in the consultation is a request from Rogers Communications Inc. to transfer the control of its yet-to-launch Highwire specialty channel to FX Networks LLC, which operates under the ownership of American media company News Corp. The application seeks to transfer 20 per cent of Highwire’s assets to FX Networks and the other 80 per cent to a yet-to-be-incorporated holding company split between Rogers (with 83.3 per cent ownership) and FX Networks (16.7 per cent). Also up for consideration in the consultation are Canyon.TV Inc.'s applications for two national Category B channels intended to offer music videos and automotive-related programming, and an application by Ethnic Channels Group Ltd. to offer a new Bollywood movie channel. The deadline for comments is Oct. 19.