The CRTC said Thursday that it has approved an application from Brian Moon, general manager of Kahnawake Keeps It Country Station, for a broadcasting licence to operate an English and Mohawk-language FM radio station. The commission said Moon submitted that the station would operate on the 89.9 MHz frequency and aim to support local Mohawk and aboriginal artists by broadcasting their music as well as their concerts. The CRTC said Moon indicated the station would broadcast 95 per cent of its programming in English and the other 5 per cent in the Mohawk language. The station also proposed to broadcast six hours of spoken word programming and 120 hours of music programming, the commission said. The CRTC said that the application was consistent with the provisions set for Type B aboriginal radio stations and it has approved the licence.