New fees to support the CRTC's national do-not-call list program will be collected from the telemarketing industry, Industry Minister Christian Paradis said Sunday. Telemarketers currently fund the operation of the do-not-call list while the government funds investigation and enforcement costs, Industry Canada said in a release. Industry Canada said the government introduced new provisions last week in its budget implementation bill, C-38, allowing the CRTC to recover the cost of do-not-call list investigations and enforcement from the telemarketing industry. “The National Do Not Call List is a successful program that many Canadians rely on to protect them from unwanted telemarketing calls,” Paradis said in a statement. "Today's announcement reinforces our government's commitment to protecting consumers." Industry Canada said the commission will hold consultations on the new fee structure, to be implemented April 1, 2013.