The CRTC approved on Friday an application for Asian Television Network Ltd. (ATN) to operate a Category B service called ATN South Asian Cooking Channel 1. In the decision, the commission said ATN said the new station would offer programming devoted to South-Asian cooking shows from the Asian sub-continent. Programming would also be aimed at the South-Asian community, ATN said. The CRTC said ATN proposed to broadcast a minimum of 90 per cent of it’s the channel’s programming in the Hindi-language. The remaining 10 per cent of its programming would be in one or both official languages, the commission said. The commission also approved ATN’s request to broadcast a maximum of six minutes of local advertising per hour on the channel. The CRTC said the channel’s licence will expire on Aug. 31, 2019.