The CRTC says there’s no immediate plans to change the regulations governing Canada’s emergency alert system after an Ontario -wide alert about an incident at the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station was sent in error. The CRTC did not comment on Sunday’s alert, that warned of an incident at the station, itself. The regulator told The Wire Report it was always reviewing the alert process after each real and test alert in terms of their distribution but had no “immediate plans for making changes to the process in CRTC regulations (this may change as we move forward)”. The alert was pushed to cell phones, radios and TVs in Ontario on Sunday morning, with almost two hours transpiring before a second alert was sent out reassuring people that it had been issued in error. The province of Ontario has pledged to investigate how the alert - sent out through the AlertReady system - was mistakenly disseminated. The CRTC ordered wireless providers to implement the National Public Alerting System (NPAS) system in 2017. Carriers and the federal, territorial and provincial governments collaborated on the project, run by Pelmorex Corp. The CRTC plays no role in issuing the alerts, but works to ensure they successfully reach their intended audience. Ontario’s solicitor general Sylvia Jones posted on Twitter that the alert was “issued in error to the public during a routine training exercise being conducted by the Provincial Emergency Operations Centre” and apologised for raising public concern.