Home Page News Briefs People Media Telecom Archives About Us
Advertising Subscribe Reuse & Permissions
The Hill Times Parliament Now The Lobby Monitor HTCareers Classifieds

TAGGED AS AMANDA SABIA

U.S. employees using their own technology: survey

Media | 10/21/2014 5:39 pm EDT

A survey of U.S. consumers shows about 40 per cent of those working for large organizations use their own technology for work purposes at least some of the time. Gartner Inc. said in a press release Tuesday that its study found 42 per cent of these employees used their own desktop computers for work, 40 per cent used their own smartphones, 36 per cent used their laptops and 26 per cent used tablets they owned for work purposes. Only 25 per cent of these workers who use their own devices said doing so was a requirement of their employers. Of the remaining 75 per cent, almost half said they...